Chiropody and podiatry are two fields of healthcare that focus on the diagnosis, treatment, and management of conditions and injuries affecting the feet and lower limbs. Both fields are concerned with the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of the lower limb, and foot and ankle pathologies, as well as rehabilitation of foot and ankle injuries.
Chiropody Treatments for Feet, Toenails, and Heels at West Dorset Chiropodist
West Dorset Chirpratic Ventre offers Chiropody services for the diagnosis, treatment, and management of conditions and injuries affecting the feet and lower limbs. Our resident chiropodists. [NAME HERE] is trained to provide a wide range of treatments for your feet, including:
- Nail Care: This includes the treatment of conditions such as ingrown toenails, fungal nail infections, and thickened nails.
- Callus and Corns: Callus and corns are areas of thickened skin that can cause pain and discomfort. Chiropodists can remove these areas of thickened skin, smooth out the underlying skin, and advise on how to prevent them from returning.
- Verrucae: Verrucae are warts that can develop on the feet. Chiropodists can provide advice on how to prevent them from spreading and can remove them using a range of treatments.
- Fungal infections: These types of infections can affect the skin and nails, chiropodists can provide topical and oral treatments to help clear the infection.
- Biomechanical assessments: this involves the assessment of the way a person walks, stands, runs, and how this can affect the structure of the lower limb. Chiropodists can provide advice and treatment for conditions such as flat feet, high arches and over-pronation, using orthotic insoles and exercises.
- Hard skin and callus removal: Chiropodists can use various methods to safely remove hard skin and calli, including the use of blades and other tools, to reduce the risk of pain, discomfort and injury.
- Diabetic foot care: For people with diabetes, regular foot care is important as diabetes can cause damage to the nerves and circulation. Chiropodists can provide regular assessments and recommend treatment to help prevent complications, such as foot ulcers.
Every foot is unique. Treatment plans are tailored to your individual needs as a patient, and our chiropodist Giles Heaman will provide guidance on how to maintain the health of the feet between appointments.